Scope: The Promotional Products Merchandiser's role is to provide service level support, idea generation and partner with Account Teams to develop effective sales/marketing collateral/presentations as it relates to promotional products. They must communicate and listen to high level contacts ensuring information is garnered to develop and maximize business opportunities for the account teams in your region. They must be the expert in the promotional products industry, source and ideate the appropriate products from best in class suppliers while attaining best pricing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use WM systems to quote, order and track project status and update sales accordingly
- Partner with "best in class" suppliers for idea generation and pricing within corporate guidelines
- Assist Sales and Marketing Account Specialists (MAS) in developing product presentations and collateral for promotional merchandise opportunities
- Understand financial information such as margins, discounts, rebates, pricing strategies and required reports to ensure profitable sales results
- Prepare information for annual business reviews for program and contract customers
- Understand the dynamics and business relationship between Clients, prospects and WebbMason for multiple sales reps simultaneously and maintain a positive attitude.
- Communicate effectively with all corporate support departments
- Identify program opportunities for MarketingBench(TM) application.
- Work with corporate support and suppliers to provide samples at no charge, and implement sample program for the region.
- Identify and communicate to region upcoming trends in market, stay current with ASI offerings and pricing structures
- Responsible for researching products and preparing proposals for Promotional product opportunities within Region
- Promote and encourage new and increased business within current accounts together with Sales and MAS
- Exude energy, Accept Accountability, have sense of Urgency and Maintain Professionalism in all situations.
- Any assignments required by Regional VP or VP of Promotional Products
Qualifications and Skill Set
- Capable of developing creative solutions for clients? branding needs, marketing promotions, and programs
- Creativity and experience in product and/or concept development for regional support
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Focus on Service and support to ensure ease of process and high levels of professionalism when interacting with WebbMason employees as well as the client/prospect, while allowing for flexibility and change within the office and client's needs.
- Be a role model for client relations -ensure both internal and external customer feels he/she will get incredible customer service from everyone at WebbMason
- Proven track record of success in creative development
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work with multiple account teams and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent business process skills
- Able to select and vet appropriate suppliers
- Ability to manage supplier issues
- Must be proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Education & Experience:
- College graduate or equivalent industry certification
- 3+ years procurement experience, ASI Certifications
- Affiliation and/or credentials with promotional products organizations